International Friendship Day



July 30.


International
               F-R-I-E-N-Dship Day.











This gift called friendship.

     A casual hi and hello tauted to sharing of one's favorite hobby over a cup of coffee and another then another... A bump of elbows in a crowded pizzeria... In a workplace where stiff personality takes its mellow... A mutual liking of a celebrity something as superficial as that... A friend who can be as funny as nasty when mad, who can be garrulous and meek at the same time, who can be your stylist and critic, who can be your kind shoulder and keeper of your darkest secret... Friends spell an array of fruits, colors and season.

     Here's a little story of the net-manic me...

    Long before Mark Zuckerberg was out with his Facebook was this Friendster that hooked me to staying up long hours (sometimes even longer than doing homework) in an internet shop. Then Friendster was to become an online gaming site. I had to save all the pictures I uploaded and grabbed.  The connection with friends had to get on and it was the unforgivable birth of social media we get to meet again. Of course there was this Yahoo and Google where there are chats and e-mails. I signed up with Facebook, Flickr, Goodreads, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, and Wordpress  – the accounts I crazily juggle up with every time I go online.
Facebook.
So Facebooking must not eat up most of my time but most of my friends are on it so how won’t I be there? There were just a few who I knew personally I added up as friends. Some eventually are added randomly for common interests. I fraternized with other vet students and some are alumni/alumnae when I held a chapter of the VLV. FB was an extended somewhere after every inter-chapter meeting where photos are uploaded, one is tagged and a candid convo starts.  Class updates were done in FB chats taking texting in its place. Before the board exam, I deactivated my account I reckon to have the imminent feel of complete detachment from prospective distraction. Long did it came that results came off and I was back FB-ing. A novice so job-oriented, I was out from doing blogs. Besides, buying a broadband was too extravagant to consider and my neighbor would not want his wifi password known.  Workmates inflated my FB friends and so with the hilariousness shared over FB stuffs. FB on its other side of face is not bully-proofed I proved. To scrap a “friend” who played you foul from your book of faces – Facebook, was a choice but for what good thing would it bring if I had it done? In the silence of my search button would I stalk friends from the past, I want to drop words of curtsies. 
Flickr.
Photo editing here was what I got awed about. I chose Flickr to be my arena for pictures of places I had been.
Goodreads.
A bibliophile that I’ve been. Here’s to an online hub of reads that are really good.
Instagram.
Photos. Photos. Photos. Mooore phoootooos! It is after all Instagram. My phone does not have a good lens, of low pixels. So what I shared were shots taken years back from my digital camera.
LinkedIn.
This app is very work-related because my connections have something to do with veterinary medicine.
Pinterest.
It is an explosion of images so educational. I found here heaps of DIY hairstyling that until now, I haven’t even try them on myself. The imagery on practical tips and quotes keeps me hyped on logging in.
Tumblr.
Not one do I know has this account when I signed up. Here were blogs of my water escapades though everyone knows I’m no swimmer.
Twitter.
It is also one of the most used social medium. I was not much into it. Signing it up was like keeping up with the millennials’ world where they speak the language of tweeting.  Tweeting is like a luxury, or, once-in-a-blue-moon thingy cuz I know no one gets to read it. Most of my activities on Facebook get it updated since I got the two accounts connected.
Wordpress.
All that I wanted to do when there’s wifi is blog. I put here my vet-related stories.


Thank you, friends and "friends" for the shared time here and the other here's! 


Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

My HRH Tale

Monologo ni Aling Atsirka

NBSB Confessions