(^,^) 1st Month

           
WE s-u-r-v-i-v-e-d our first month!!!

The super mom I am to be to the super-Catrice (Daddy's wild imagination with your bib pulled at your side).
          Your first cry. The first feel of your skin against mine. Your baby-ish smell. My first sight of you outside the ultrasound apparatus. These all made me forget in a moment the excruciating pain down there. So motherly me with your warm lips pressed against me for the colostrum. After our first smooth 24 hours spent together, your crying couldn’t be pacified for a dry nappy, attempts of suckling and rocking cuddles. Mommy and auntie (our "thirdling" those moments) gazed at each other with bothersome silence of unspoken questions. The subject is a human being, my daughter, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t fathom why. So was auntie who is a nurse, and a med student at that. Our neighboring patients, curious about what was the baby colicky about, approached us. Unsolicited advice poured in. I saw a change in the color of your skin and I refused to say, it was like yellowing. The routing nurses and doctors daily would have tell me if it was. The doctor said we could be discharged in our second day but to our dismay, the next day was a holiday impeding us to continue processing our papers. In our third day, still in the humid and crowded room, we found you had this fever out of normal blood work-up. I’d likely think, it was the room temperature. Mommy and auntie would never allow more pricks for the reason, “We give antibac for it is what we do when a newborn is confined.”  We had to work our way out and find the comfort of our solace to make a clearer decision. When we thought we were prepared well, we gave in to exhaustion.  We paid cash for the hospital bills than go do the queue of paper works. At last, we breathed out the toxic confinement. Upon reaching home, I ate that and drink this to help my milk factory. My mammae improved working. Monitoring the color of feces and urine and unceasing fever kept us wide awake. Mommy had to elevate the endurance, and numb my thoughts of sore nipples just to keep the breastfeeding going. At your fifth day, I saw a transition of your poop’s color, no longer green and the milk kept coming in.  Also, the navel fell off just when Daddy’s first time to hold you.
          As medically educated, we made our own speculation about what had happened. In the books, it says something about hypoglycemia and the circulation of bile. So there you had that color of poop and pee and fever.
           On your second week, the crystal-like filled vesicles popped from your forehead then the reddish rashes that turned to pustules. The skin lesions were then seen all over you. The pedia said it was either erthyma toxicum or atopic dermatitis. 
         The gassy tummy, burping positions, nappy changing and bathing we both have to deal with everyday... 

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

My HRH Tale

Monologo ni Aling Atsirka

NBSB Confessions