Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

Monologo ni Aling Atsirka

Sa kanila, …
Ako ‘yong batang gusgusin. Nanlilimahid at pinuputakti ng lahat ng klase ng langaw at lamok. ‘Yong amoy ko kasi masahol pa sa – Ano ba ‘yong naamoy mong pinaka sa tanang buhay mo? Kung anuman ‘yon, ‘yon na ‘yon. Gula-gulanit ang kaisa-isa kong dyaket na nakapaimbabaw sa obersays kong dating puting-puting t-shirt e nangingitim na. Bigay lang ‘to ng mamang napadaan dalawang taon na ang nakalipas. At ‘tong pwetan ng bestida kong kaluma-luma’y tagpi-tagpi. Ako’y walang pera ni isang kusing. ‘Alang makain. D’yan lang pagala-gala. Walang tiyak na patutunguhan. A basta, kung anuman ang inabot sa ‘kin ng mga nadadaaanan ko, kinukuha ko. Salamat sa mga panahong nakakatsamba ako sa mga hilera ng basurahan ng pamatid-gutom.
Pero para sa kanya, …

Prinsesa raw ako. Katunayan e, Prinsesa Juana ang tawag n’ya sa ‘kin. Hihihi… Nakakalanggam naman! Naghihinatay daw sa ‘kin ang napakagarang mansiyon. May malaking kama sa sarili kong kwarto. ‘Tong bestida kong ‘to, sus papalitan Niya ‘to ng bago na may di ko maipaliwanag na kakomportablehan. Di raw ako giginawin o pagpapawisan, sakto lang. Komportable nga e. Di ko aalahanin pang makagat-kagat—Sandali!. May ngipin ba ang mga lamok at lamok? Este, gan’to, di na raw ako muling matusok-tusok ng lamok o madidilaan ng langaw. Okey ba? Sila pa raw ang magiging numero uno kong kaibigan. Di ko na kelangang mangmina ng trash can. Lahat ng gusto kong kainin o inumin, iproprovayd Niya. Di ko iisipin ang uhaw at gutom ko pag ka gano’n. Kaya lagi akong relaks at s’yempre nakangiti.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

World Day for Cultural Diversity

21May. World Day for Cultural Diversity. (Christ), in whom the whole building being fitted together,grows into a holy temple in the L-rd (Ephesians2:21) In the next coming years, I cannot imagine my daughter, a half-blooded Igorot whose father speaks Tagalog, mother who speaks Kankana-ey and Ilocano and schoolmates who speak Kapampangan or teachers speak English, how her liner would be. Further imagination brings me to hearing her say, "Adiak like idiay kung nasaan sina Lolo tan awan unay tao." 

The Big "F"

On October 25...        I have this very bad attitude I disdainfully deny but with life's lessons, I am earning the bravery of admitting it. I hardly forget people who wrong me. Everything excruciatingly painful. The retaliation: the I-don't-care-attitude towards you. I don't see you. I don't hear you.      I have read about stories of forgiveness a zillion times, heard about the enlightened hearts after letting go and attended enhancing workshops about being a Christian yet the struggle of setting myself free from holding grudges have imprisoned me for a long time.      Designed by Him that a life ends. The people I haven't talked to for the longest time remained never to be talked with. They're gone. Messages constructed unread. This I would not want to happen.      So while I can see and hear, I wanna reach out...      Everyone dies.      One day, it would be me. It would ...

MY FIRST TEACHER

She. She is the pronoun that is everything before I met my mesdammes in my primary, elementary, secondary and tertiary school. I got probably my first spank from her and the last of inaudible praise for good and very good marks in school. She was the firm voice who keeps telling me to study hard more on the arithmetic opposite my favorite subjects. She whose hands brought to me the book of Henny Penny. She who was thrown to far-flung school because of her chosen profession. She who walked on rough and muddy trailways. She who untirelessly innovated means of transpiring knowledge to the youth.   She is the teacher of generations ahead and before me. She is just like your every teacher. Let’s say a prayer for the likes of her. Hail to all teachers!