Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

Kiddie Edition

When I was around nine, I was on track to fend on my younger siblings while my parents were off with their studies and/or work. At that young age, I discovered how was to be a home-maker and a nanny rolled into one. I had seen Mom do the dusting, laundry, cooking and keeping our home so I at least had extracted tips to start with once left with my siblings at home. Before Mom and Dad set to work, they saw to it we were done with our first meal of the day. For how many summers, my parents were on constant search and reserving rooms for the summer classes. We experienced a room that catered as our dining, bedroom and living room that was for me to maintain.  Pick on the caked poop on the floor. Spoon feeding my sibs Cerelac® when they cry hunger. Lull them to sleep on mid-day. Change soiled shorts, nay diapers. Wash, pat and dress them. Add of course were extra errands like fetching water for the drum or bring in the clothes hang to dry on the clothesline. The memory of my baby sib dipped in mud by the spring lingers clearly when he slipped off my grip while bathing.  See what stakes were in for my parents to chase dreams after marriage. But those were part of our lives. That was my pre-touch of people years my junior. Kids bring curves to my lips when I see them. Their innocent haughtiness and naughtiness are a diversion of the tired minds. Blood-related or not, I can not have enough cuddles of the little ones. When my cousins gave birth to their own kind, I witnessed their firsts – yawn, fart, tears and scars. 

A college friend who mothered a bright kid named Kim after the combination of her name and the father was an instant playmate right at first meeting.












 Now at work, here are two boys reminding me my youth days and every other’s for their vibrant energy that seem to never drain.












Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

World Day for Cultural Diversity

21May. World Day for Cultural Diversity. (Christ), in whom the whole building being fitted together,grows into a holy temple in the L-rd (Ephesians2:21) In the next coming years, I cannot imagine my daughter, a half-blooded Igorot whose father speaks Tagalog, mother who speaks Kankana-ey and Ilocano and schoolmates who speak Kapampangan or teachers speak English, how her liner would be. Further imagination brings me to hearing her say, "Adiak like idiay kung nasaan sina Lolo tan awan unay tao." 

The Big "F"

On October 25...        I have this very bad attitude I disdainfully deny but with life's lessons, I am earning the bravery of admitting it. I hardly forget people who wrong me. Everything excruciatingly painful. The retaliation: the I-don't-care-attitude towards you. I don't see you. I don't hear you.      I have read about stories of forgiveness a zillion times, heard about the enlightened hearts after letting go and attended enhancing workshops about being a Christian yet the struggle of setting myself free from holding grudges have imprisoned me for a long time.      Designed by Him that a life ends. The people I haven't talked to for the longest time remained never to be talked with. They're gone. Messages constructed unread. This I would not want to happen.      So while I can see and hear, I wanna reach out...      Everyone dies.      One day, it would be me. It would ...

MY FIRST TEACHER

She. She is the pronoun that is everything before I met my mesdammes in my primary, elementary, secondary and tertiary school. I got probably my first spank from her and the last of inaudible praise for good and very good marks in school. She was the firm voice who keeps telling me to study hard more on the arithmetic opposite my favorite subjects. She whose hands brought to me the book of Henny Penny. She who was thrown to far-flung school because of her chosen profession. She who walked on rough and muddy trailways. She who untirelessly innovated means of transpiring knowledge to the youth.   She is the teacher of generations ahead and before me. She is just like your every teacher. Let’s say a prayer for the likes of her. Hail to all teachers!