Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

Gratitude Day 2018

Canadians have them on October. Americans' on November. Me? Everyday. 😉


Everyone's searching about something...Love. Success. Now, what's that one thing that no one can get more of? Time. (Excerpted from The Internship)

     Saying thank you is a good practice. It makes you feel good and so does the recipient.

     I have here a string of reasons I am most grateful of at the moment.

     OF COURSE, HIM. He has been at the top of my list eventhough I'm not that religious. I'm one theist who believes that there is that Supreme Being being acknowledged for this existence.
     
     MY DAUGHTER. Eversince I became a mother, I do things double time tantamounting to double exhaustion but doubly rewarding. 

     MY PROFESSION. There are studies that claim  those whose job as veterinarians are close to the verge of emotional breakdown. It is a truth that I myself also experienced heart-wrenching blows of being down. In my second life, I'd still choose to be a veterinarian getting the chance of petting all pets of the whole community. 

     KIND-HEARTED COMMUTERS. I tag along my daughter everytime I make errands for the clinic. We were aboard the jampacked LRT expected in a peak hour when this woman took from my arms the boxful of purchases and told me to just hold tightly my daughter. She was also heading the same way home so she still carried the box up to the bus that ferried us all back to our common destination. When she was fetched by her family in a private car, she offered us to hitch with them. Oftentimes when days got lucky, my daughter and I got to be  assisted  by fellow commuters being offered to their seat, giving the baby some sweets to appease the tantrum or handing back the slip-on that slipped off. One drizzling rush hour on our way to see a friend, I was flagging down either a full jeepney or occupied taxi when  a car stopped and gave us a free lift. 

     SWEET NEIGHBORS. Who wouldn't be glad when a bowl of steaming viand comes your door for free? And a free baby-sitting? A piece of fruit to treat a wide-eyed kid peeping from the door. My daughter's charm didn't escape them. 

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

World 🦎 Day

August 14 . A gecko I photographed in Bugallon during our externship way back 2011. The lizards I stalked on perfecting shots of them against the frosty window. W orld Lizard Day, celebrated on the 14th of August every year. As with most of the oddities, the origins of this day are unclear, but it is being celebrated across political boundaries by the niche of reptile-lovers, conservationists and educators. M ost celebrations of this holiday occur at the local level, through events organized by schools, natural history or science museums, zoos, national parks, conservation NGOs etc. These can vary depending on the audience involved, but information sessions and fun activities usually remain a constant. Local pet stores may hold events for kids, to acquaint them with the pros and cons of keeping a lizard as a pet. Online communities also take this opportunity to pay homage to the cold-blooded reptiles, and increase the information flow around them. World Lizard Day has not yet be

Another Day Lived

Thursday morning. I woke up with a mental list of to-do’s. $*|?**$ visit to deliver IV fluids. Get back to do the laundry. With my second to the last PUJ jibe, the open doors of the church invited me in so the last two hours were spent hearing the mass. At the middle of the Eucharistic celebration, the heavy downpour added darkness to the dusk creeping in. Having waited for ten minutes more, I decided to wade waters to get to the last jitney back to the doctor’s quarter. (So this is Manila and its famous flood.) My feet getting cold with the pooling of rainwater inside my shoes reminded me of laundry powder so I dropped by in a mart for some. Finally with the nighttime shower done, I hanged the last piece of the three-day soiled uniforms for air drying by the washroom. After hungry tummy pacified… Oh zzz’s, come to thee… 

World Veterinary Day

I have chosen to study doctor of veterinary medicine for the sake of improving the animal-dom. This was what I had in mind count six years ago. In the novice-ship of being called doctor, I found my fair share of heartbreaks that I had to endure. Forward to a few more months and this year’s newest brands of animal-loving ambassadors would be born. I then too was euphoric then anxious of nearing the attainment of another page of the bright future. Who was told that hurdling the board successfully would lead you to an open arena of beasts? Every new set of scrubs I add to my wearing out ones are piling of stories that sting me. I started with a very new and freshly pressed coat, at its whitest. Looking cool but butterflies were in my stomach, racing vital signs and swirling mind, I took over the swivel which catered to the success of the clinic for my first workplace. Crowding of the receiving area excites my cerebral perplexes but does not favor with the approaching ticking of lun