Celebrating Life w/ Mother

I was about to get off being quadriplegic and ready to roam free when I was diagnosed with bronchopneumonia primary complex. My mom in her profession of teaching became my instant quack physician, therapist, nanny, caregiver and nurse for years of this struggle of weak respiratory system. I always find her having me being babied so lavishly, a realization made after leaving the outskirts of home post-high-school. On a first hear of sniffling or coughing, she would warm coconut oil on my back and do some reflexology she believed would ease me off my wheezing. Mother would be boiling leaves from the yard and be setting a certain glassful of the concoction leaving me bloated. If she hears about a new approach to health such as pills or machine she would let me try. And if her line of first aid would not work, only then she would consult a medical expert. A classmate laughed it off upon seeing me, I was I think 13 that time, being carried at the back when my mother had to bring me to the hospital.

She, a single figure in her 24 hours, amazingly fixes equal attention to us her brood of four children more when our housemate left and my parents had the hard time looking for one.

In our day-to-day life far from your reach, we stumble, fall, crawl and painstakingly stand up, the grace you taught us.

We are so grateful for this year our Lord is adding to your life as well as to ours.

Happy birthday!!!            

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

My HRH Tale

Monologo ni Aling Atsirka

NBSB Confessions